January 25, 2011 · 2 min read
I figured I'd pull a me too post and give some first impressions using the HD7 and the OS coming from Windows Mobile 6.1
- There is no straight migration process from the Outlook/ActiveSync based model to "the cloudz" but that's a fairly simple process
- Accounts are separate which isn't so much of a problem for me. I think having it as a choice would be cool though
- You can't sync drafts or your outbox. This makes sense that the mobile should be "separate" but it syncs with Windows Live Mail. I may want to start a message on my phone and finish on my laptop or vice versa
- Setting up multiple folders to sync at once would've been a nice option
- Alternatively that means things like the Gmail tasks are absent too. I prefer OneNote mobile but I do have some Tasks that would be in limbo otherwise.
- Setting an email flag exists in my company Exchange -> POP account but not Hotmail? Even Google mail has flagged emails
November 26, 2010 · 4 min read
My motivation for this post is to hopefully have a single place for my thoughts on just what "jailbreaking" means on WP7, what this tool has done, what MS can do, and well pretty much anything else related to the subject.
I have friends invested in WP7 and I completely understand their concern. Another motivation was following a thread from a friend back to this unfortunate starting point: http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisWalshie/status/7967096923226113 (@mikebmcl being my friend in the situation). This was likely in response to this post: http://www.chevronwp7.com/post/1686961408/our-stance-on-piracy. This resulted in one of the other names on the project issuing ...