Over 8 years as a full stack web developer, including over 10 years as a Systems Administrator specializing in development across a multitude of web platforms and technologies. Continually evaluating workflow efficiency to improve code quality and increase productivity throughout the team. Honing the ability to decipher new methodologies to discover their proper fit in a developer's toolbelt. Solving complex problems using purposeful code with an emphasis on being as concise as possible.
The reThink Group, Inc.
- Pioneered foundational Laravel API, heavily utilized by critical systems like the warehouse backend and the eCommerce storefront.
- Established customer payment processing system by securing sensitive information through Authorize.net, handling an average of 6500 transactions per month.
- Formulated aggressive Redis caching strategy for the foundational Laravel API.
- Coordinated metrics and alerting effort, leveraging Prometheus and Grafana to isolate bottlenecks and usage patterns.
- Oversaw automated testing and deployment strategies, utilizing Gitlab CI and custom Docker containers to reduce execution times from 4 minutes per job to under 1 minute.
- Introduced CMS for events information as a single page application (SPA), leveraging Vue.js and Laravel API backend.
- Revitalized archiving process for content delivery, vastly reducing wait times from upwards of 45 minutes per change.
- Spearheaded projects that synchronized changes between foundational API and critical systems.
- Advocated the widespread adoption of the Laravel framework over custom PHP solutions that were often much harder to maintain.
- Contributed improvements to F/OSS projects utilized by the organization, while also maintaining forks of critical dependencies.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented customer kiosk applications in HTML5 (SPAs) using an internally developed full stack PHP framework with jQuery.
- Assembled REST services to support POS devices.
- Crafted REST services for customer kiosk applications in Adobe Flash.
- Enhanced resiliency of Flash content within SiteKiosk by leveraging jQuery.
- Created client/server deployment suite to handle distribution of updated deliverables to client machines.
- Transitioned code repositories from Subversion to Git, utilizing submodules to properly segregate dependencies.
Swerdlin & Company
- Supported customer service call center standalone application.
- Integrated Windows service that moved brittle TAPI line monitoring off customer service machines to existing call monitoring servers.
- Replaced Excel VBA macro that processed timesheet files for billing and payroll purposes.
- Expanded web-based secure file transfer for important client documents, introducing bulk transfers and streamlined user interface.
- Migrated critical daily trading applications, maintaining feature parity while increasing stability.
- Rails for Zombies Redux
- Discover DevTools
- Try Ruby
- Try Git
- Ruby Bits
- Front-end Foundations
- Front-end Formations
- Real Time Web with Node.js
- Try jQuery
- Try Ember
- Building Blocks of Express.js
- jQuery: The Return Flight
- Blasting Off with Bootstrap
- Try Elixir
- Mixing It Up with Elixir
- Powering Up with React
- Rails for Zombies
- JetBrains PHPStorm
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- Virtual Box
- Adobe Photoshop
Computer Science Bachelor (Incomplete)
Southern Polytechnic State University
Jeremy is extremely intelligent and very knowledgeable. He is constantly evolving and improving his skills as a Software Engineer. You could call him a jack of all trades but I would consider him an ace of all trades in the software development life cycle. He is always one of the hardest workers in the room. His work ethic is second to none. Also, he is quiet, level-headed, humble, and always willing to help any level of developer. I would recommend him to any development team.
Bryan (Andy) Weaver
Jeremy is an extremely bright and capable person. He consistently steps up to take on tough development challenges and his focus on work is outstanding. Jeremy's development skills are very senior and I can easily recommend him for his ability to push through important projects.