I've been bitten by this issue so many times that I have a form of amnesia where I forget that it happened
all over again. This github issue highlights the problem
but I'm more of a visual learner.
The problem can be traced back to configuring the redirect_uri parameter incorrectly. OAuth2 highly
requires that the callbacks are identical between the server and consumer(s). For consumers that are
external to the app, this is almost never a problem. For first-party consumers like Swagger(vel), this is
extremely easy to configure incorrectly.
From MySQL 5.7.4 to 5.7.10, the default default_password_lifetime value is 360 (passwords must be changed approximately once per year). For those versions, be aware that, if you make no changes to the default_password_lifetime variable orto individual user accounts, all user passwords will expire after 360 days, and all user accounts will start running in restricted mode when this happens.
Looking at the list of users with relevant columns shown that the password for the user homestead was set on
Date manipulation in PHP showed
that 360 days from 2015-11-13 03:50:18 is 2016-11-07 03:50:18, about the time this started occurring.
It was later that I discovered this pull request didn't make it into
branch revert-56-master used to build the 0.3.3 box. It succinctly described the problem at hand.
I saw 4 possible choices for a permanent solution:
Set default_password_lifetime=0 explicitly in /etc/mysql/my.cnf.
Upgrade MySQL to 5.7.11 or higher as the default was changed from 360 to 0.
Create the homestead user with the keywords PASSWORD EXPIRE NEVER to disable password expiration for that user.
All of the above.
In looking to correct upstream, the pull request was denied with very good
reason. It was a ton of work to seemingly get the 5.6 branch up to master and I have absolutely no guarantee that
something wasn't broken in the process.
Not being content with abandoning that work, I pushed a
vagrant virtualbox image that should continue
the 5.6 branch forward for the foreseeable future. There is one major caveat, it requires a
patch to Homestead v2 to accommodate the changes introduced.
Steps required to use the image:
Add the new vagrant image: vagrant box add w0rd-driven/homestead.
Add the line box: "w0rd-driven/homestead" in Homestead.yaml to specify a different vagrant box than the default
Add the line "laravel/homestead": "2.0.x-dev" to the require-dev section of composer.json.
Add or update the repositories section of composer.json:
Run composer update to change to the new composer package.
Rebuild your box using vagrant destroy -f then vagrant up.
I've enabled issues on both forks of settler and
homestead. Unfortunately, I don't have VMWare Fusion to build the vmware
provider image. If anyone has the capabilities, I would gladly grant the access to push the image.
In the event this causes grief in the future I wanted to point out the steps to downgrade Windows 10 Mobile build 14295
back to 8.1. The Windows Device Recovery Tool fails to detect the phone without the steps outlined in
BrunoTrivellato's response on page 2.
To make this easier, I thought I would repurpose the steps as I can't seem to find an independent or direct link:
Unplug the phone from the PC
Click on "My device was not detected"
Select your model and you will enter the "Searching Screen"
Reboot your phone (pressing volume down + home button for some seconds until it vibrates) and immediately plug it back in the PC
If you take too long to plug it in the PC you will have to reboot it again (the Recovery Tool will show a message to you)
The tool will recognize your model, but not the OS or Firmware
Click in "Download Software" and wait the process to complete.
When finished, click next and check your Battery as the screen says
The next screen will try to install the software BUT IT WILL FAIL, don't worry it is normal. Wait (3-4 minutes) until it fails and click Finish.
Repeat steps 1-5.
Now you will see that the screen will not show "Download" but "Install", click it.
You will see the installation progress both in the Tool and in your Phone. Wait until it finishes (2-3 minutes).
I wanted to mark what feels like an oasis in the desert of a long journey. During my last job search over 2 years ago, I
tired of what had become a disjointed resume update routine. Accomplish a task, go to the Word-document-as-one-true-source,
update, print to PDF, go to LinkedIn, update, go to careers.stackoverflow.com, update, rinse & repeat.
I yearned for one interchangeable format that allowed me to generate HTML, Word and PDF at the very least.
JSON Resume combined with resume-linkedin
seemed like a great fit. Unfortunately, due to recent LinkedIn API changes resume-linkedin was all but useless.
My first contribution was born out of the realization that if you
could get the LinkedIn data through the API console, the process still worked, albeit extremely cumbersome.