Octopress Site Generation on Windows 8.1
Install RailsInstaller from here. I use the version with Rails 3.2.
- Download the latest "Win32 - Generic" libcurl with SSL development release from here (this is the last entry as of 10/23/2013).
- Unpack the zip file.
- Copy curl.exe, libcurl.dll and libidn-11.dll to C:\RailsInstaller\bin.
The reason I copy curl to test the program. It verifies the files are in the expected path and has an added bonus of making sure all the dll dependencies are present. This is how I figured out libidn-11.dll was necessary to include.
- Download cacert.pem.
- Place file in C:\RailsInstaller\cacert.pem.
- Set an Environment Variable in Control Panel with the Variable name: SSL_CERT_FILE and Variable value: C:\RailsInstaller\cacert.pem.
- To temporarily set the variable for this command prompt session, use set SSL_CERT_FILE=C:\RailsInstaller\cacert.pem.