Windows 10 Mobile ~14295 Downgrade
In the event this causes grief in the future I wanted to point out the steps to downgrade Windows 10 Mobile build 14295 back to 8.1. The Windows Device Recovery Tool fails to detect the phone without the steps outlined in BrunoTrivellato's response on page 2.
To make this easier, I thought I would repurpose the steps as I can't seem to find an independent or direct link:
- Unplug the phone from the PC
- Click on "My device was not detected"
- Select your model and you will enter the "Searching Screen"
- Reboot your phone (pressing volume down + home button for some seconds until it vibrates) and immediately plug it back in the PC
- If you take too long to plug it in the PC you will have to reboot it again (the Recovery Tool will show a message to you)
- The tool will recognize your model, but not the OS or Firmware
- Click in "Download Software" and wait the process to complete.
- When finished, click next and check your Battery as the screen says
- The next screen will try to install the software BUT IT WILL FAIL, don't worry it is normal. Wait (3-4 minutes) until it fails and click Finish.
- Repeat steps 1-5.
- Now you will see that the screen will not show "Download" but "Install", click it.
- You will see the installation progress both in the Tool and in your Phone. Wait until it finishes (2-3 minutes).